Monday, January 4, 2016

Now It's Official

"You have succeeded in life when all you really want 
is only what you really need." 
~ Vernon Howard

Today I took a very definite step toward decluttering and simplifying. I registered for a 12-week program called "Uncluttered," put together by Joshua Becker of Becoming Minimalist. Throughout 2015, I certainly made strides on my own, encouraged by posts on the Becoming Minimalist Facebook page. I feel good about the progress I made, but it felt unfocused and somewhat random. Two steps forward, one step back, and that's only when I was remembering to walk. 

I'm hoping this program will give structure to the plan here. The guidance will do me good. Apprehensive about the level of commitment I could afford while still working full time, I contacted Joshua about the time requirements. His response definitely gave me the impression that it would be reasonable.

Throughout the 12 weeks there will be 7 videos of 12-15 minutes each, 12 written pieces of about 1200 words each, and 8 video interviews that are somewhat optional, making the average weekly commitment to interact with the material 1-2 hours. Of course, the bulk of the time commitment will be in the weekly challenges. They recommend participants set aside 2-4 hours per week for decluttering in our homes. The actual time needed will vary based on each individual's starting points.

In addition, participants in this course have lifetime access to the content. Anything we might miss or might not complete the first time through can be revisited on our own or with the next group.

So, yeah, I've made official my desire to declutter and simplify my life. I would imagine that many of my entries over the next 12 weeks will center around my progress with this program. I'm a little apprehensive, but mostly excited to take this new lifestyle to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment