Sunday, April 14, 2024

My Hero

This entire blog probably comes across as one big bitching session or, at the very least, woe is me, woe is me. Honestly, I would rather not be dealing with any of this, so the more discomfort, pain, inconvenience, and/or indiginity involved, the harder I find it to be cheerful and optimistic. Some might say that a change in this attitude might make the whole battle a little easier but I simply can't manage optimism right now. I've been diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer and, so far, everything about the process of attacking it has been uncomfortable at the very least.

The brightest part of my whole world right now is my dear wife. She has been by my side every step of the way, going with me to every appointment, making sure we have good food here to eat, helping me manage my medication schedule, always trying to make me as comfortable as possible. We've spent quite a bit of time holding hands and crying together, too. I would rather be doing anything other than putting her through all this but I can never thank her enough for everything she has been doing for me.

My wife was already my best friend. Now she has become my hero.

2 comments: